Dolphin Discoveries - Eco Wildlife Discovery & Snorkel
This 4 1/2 hour adventure has it all: sightseeing, dolphin and whale watching, and snorkeling in Kealakekua Bay. First, you will tour the historic Kona Coast by boat, marveling at its sea caves and lava tubes. Next, proceed to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay. Then it is into the turquoise waters of the best marine sanctuary in Hawaii to explore the undersea world. Many species of tropical fish will accompany you as you snorkel. You may see the occasional eel or Hawaiian green sea turtle (or perhaps even something more exotic!) After you have had your fill of snorkeling, you will go in search of our sea-going mammal cousins: dolphins and whales (whales are in-season only). There is no telling what you will see! Come on aboard for the experience of a lifetime! .
Spotted Eagle Ray
- Where and When:
- Keauhou Bay boat launch ramp.
Check-in is at 7:30 am
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Snorkel gear, instruction and swim aids are included.
Whale watching season is from mid-December to mid-April.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday during whale watching season.
- 4.5 hours
- Dolphin Discoveries
- The Nai'a Nui is a 28-foot rigid-hull inflatable adventure craft, complete with shade. It has room for up to 12 passengers.