Aloha! Welcome to Hawaii’s big game fishing! Beautiful Kona Coast Home of Intrepid Sportfishing…where you catch the BIG ones!
Come aboard and fish the big time in Kona, Hawaii offering the islands most experienced and friendliest crew!
• Big Game Sport Fishing Charters • Light Tackle Fishing • Saltwater Fly-Fishing • Multi-Day Trips •
• Marlin Fishing, Spearfish, Tuna • Dolphin and Wahoo Fishing • Night Fishing • Tournament Fishing •
• Snorkeling • Whale Watching • Combination Tours • ¡Hablamos Espanol! •
Novice? Expert? No worries here…our captain and crew enjoy working with anglers of all skill levels. Experience the excitement of deep-sea charter fishing and marvel at the cobalt blue waters of Hawaii’s Big Island.
Looking for a hook, line, and sinker of a deal? Look no further! Unlike many popular big game fishing destinations around the world where you may have up to a 1 1/2-hour boat ride before getting to the fishing grounds, Hawaii's beautiful Kona Coast offers the potential to hook into monster fish within minutes of leaving Honokohau Harbor - the home port of Intrepid Sportfishing. The benefit is that you spend more time fishing and less time riding in the boat before getting to the prime big game fishing grounds.
As a result of the formation of the Hawaiian Islands by volcanic activity, steep drop-offs, and deep marine canyons, the Intrepid can be in over thousands of feet of blue water within a very short distance from the coast. This unique land feature allows you the hunting grounds for the predator fish that big game fishermen prize: blue marlin, striped marlin, spearfish, swordfish, yellowfin tuna, big eye tuna, mahi-mahi (dolphin) and wahoo.
**Record-sized fish have been caught just minutes from our harbor.**
Customer satisfaction is our first priority! Our team is here for you…let us help create a lifetime of memories with a deep-sea fishing trip that you will never forget!
Customize your trip:
**Half day, three-quarter day, full day, custom and overnight sport fishing charters are available.
**Trips involving a combination of deep-sea fishing, snorkeling or whale watching are also available, on request.
Location and features:
Located just a short drive north of Kailua-Kona town and just a few miles south of the beautiful resorts along Hawaii's dramatic Kona Coast, the Intrepid is the area's finest and cleanest charter fishing boat!
• 42-foot LOA Bertram Yachtfisher, with a perfect layout for sport fishing and cruising
• Clean and well maintained
• Air-conditioned salon
• Friendly, helpful, non-smoking captain and crew
• Capt. Dennis Cintas has 40 years of worldwide deep sea fishing experience
Professionally outfitted sport fishing charters
• Penn International and Shimano Tiagra reels, with matching custom rods
• Heavy tackle, stand-up and light tackle
• Custom tournament fighting chair
• Available for all major fishing tournaments
• Taxidermy services available
• Snorkel gear available
• Take home a digital color photo of your catch!
**All snacks, water, and non-alcoholic beverages included in our rates!
Safety First-The safety of our guests is a paramount concern
• Capt. Cintas is First Aid and CPR certified
• The Intrepid is one of only three Kona charter boats awarded with the U.S. Coast Guard's Premier Safety Certification
• The Intrepid’s deep cockpit is very safe for small children
Celebrate your catch!! Keep your catch - we'll gladly fillet and package your fish
We will be happy to prepare your fish for shipment (under 25 pounds).
Take some fish back home, or let us recommend a local restaurant that will be happy to cook your fresh fish so you can celebrate your catch over a delicious meal!
**January 2006 - The Hawaiian International Billfish Association recently announced that Captain Dennis Cintas and the crew of the Intrepid have been awarded the prestigious Richard Boone "Gold" Award for last year's Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament. The participating international teams give this award as their choice of the best captain, crew and vessel for that year's tournament. They placed first among 30 other boats that participated. It is truly a great honor as participating captains do their best to achieve this recognition.
Intrepid Vessel Facts:
- 42-foot LOA Bertram Yachtfisher
- Comfortable, clean and well-maintained
- Air-conditioned salon
- Penn International and Shimano Tiagra reels, with matching custom rods
- Heavy tackle, stand-up and light tackle
- Custom tournament fighting chair
- One of only three Kona charter boats awarded with the U.S. Coast Guard's Premier Safety Certification
- Deep cockpit is safe for small children