Paradise Helicopters - Lava & Rainforests Adventure (Hilo Airport)
This 45 minute flight departs from Hilo Airport. You will fly over miles of tropical rainforest on your way to Kilauea Volcano. See the volcanic rebirth of the island as you witness first hand the awesome volcanic power.
On the return flight, you will cross the slopes of Mauna Loa to the Wailuku River, where many waterfalls cascade into beautiful emerald ponds.
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- 45-minute helicopter tour adventure
- Fly over Kilauea, the most active volcano on earth and see its current activity
- See Hilo and the surrounding rainforests and waterfalls
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This
upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and
balance restrictions. If a Bell 407 is flown seat
may be forward facing or backwards facing, if a guests doesn't believe
they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every
effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing but may not be
guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft.Please note the capacity surcharge already
includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A
capacity surcharge is required for guest who weight between 265 and 315
lbs at check in. A window seat is guaranteed with the capacity
surcharge. If you did not select the capacity surcharge and weigh
between these amounts at check in you will still be charged directly by
Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guest that weigh above 315 lbs a Extra Seat Charge is required. If
you did not select the extra seat charge and weigh above 315 lbs at check in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
Note for parties of 5 or 6 people: The BELL 407 helicopter (holds up to 6 passengers) is only available on Tuesdays. If you are a party of 5 or 6 people and would like to fly on the BELL 407, please give us a call prior to making a reservation so we can check if the helicopter is available for your tour date.
Kilauea Volcano Sights
Lava Rock Beaches
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:30 pm & 3:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo International Airport
- Passengers weighing between 265-315 lbs (120-142 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $25 for Hilo flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 315 lbs (142 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying an Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of two (2) AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 45 minutes
- Paradise Helicopters
- Either the BELL 407 Helicopter which holds 6 people or the Hughes MD500 which holds 4 people.