Polynesian Adventure Tours - Big Island Volcano Adventure
As of September, this tour is again visiting
parts of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Recent volcanic eruptions
changed the landscape of the park drastically. Currently the Visitor
Center, Steam Vents, and parts of Chain of Craters Road are the only
areas reopened. As locations are opened they may be added to the route
& stops not from the original tour may be removed.
- Stop at Rainbow Falls
- Stop at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Stop at Kilauea Visitors Center
- Stop at Steam Vents
- View Halema'uma'u Crater from the Volcano house
- Drive parts of the Chain of Craters **starting Dec. 3rd guests can briefly stroll down part of Devastation Trail
- Stop at Kilauea Iki Overlook
- Pu'u Pua'i, Luamanu, & Puhimau Crater
- Stop at Kealakomo Overlook
- Stop at Lava Rock Cafe (no host lunch)
- Stop at Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory or Big Island Candies
- See parts of Hilo Town like Richardson's Black Sand Beach, Liliuokalani Gardens, & the King Kamehameha Statue
Looking to see the Big Island’s spectacular volcanoes and lava landscapes? This Big Island sightseeing tour has you covered! Enjoy a full day of touring all the top volcanic sights at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and more! This tour gives you a rich cultural experience and an exciting view of nature at work.
You’ll also get to watch a film of a recent eruption and see the volcanic artifacts and other geological and cultural items at the Jaggar Museum and the Kilauea Visitor Center. All along the way, your tour guide will share fascinating insights on the island’s volcanoes, geology and culture. This tour departs from the Hilo side of the Big Island.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (admission included)
- Drive through Hilo town and see scenic Banyan Drive
- See the beautiful 80-foot Rainbow Falls
- Jaggar Museum – informative displays and films of past volcanic eruptions and current activity
- Walk through Thurston Lava Tube
- Visit an orchid and anthurium nursery
- Lunch stop will be made, where you can purchase lunch
- Knowledgeable tour guide provides descriptive narration
Thurston Lava Tube
Inside Lava Tube
- Where and When:
- Pick-up only from Hilo hotels and Hilo Airport.
Pick-up at 8:00-8:30 am with return at approximately 6:00-6:45 pm.
- Not suitable for participants with asthma or other respiratory diseases due to possible exposure to fumes.
- Special Notes:
- Use extra caution. You're visiting an area with an active volcano.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- 9.5 hours
- Hawaii Forest and Trail
- Comfortable air-conditioned tour bus