Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 2
This Big Island fishing tour is currently unavailable for booking on our site. Please visit our Big Island Fishing Tours page for other available
We invite you to bring the family and join us for a day filled with fun, excitement & adventure.
Bite Me! That’s the name of our game…experience a great day of fishing aboard the Bite Me, Bite Me II or Bite Me III. Bring the family and join us on the Kona Coast, famous for the giant Blue Marlin …and let the fun and adventure begin!
. **No worries or hassle. All of our boats depart from Honokohau Harbor, the closest destination to the best fishing spot on the Kona Coast, "Grander Alley." **Share charters have no more than 6 people on a 40' boat.
What Bites? Everything from the Black Marlin, Striped Marlin, Blue Marlin, Short Nosed Spearfish, Ahi, Ono, Wahoo, Yellowfin Tuna, Mahi-mahi, Skip Jack Tuna, Rainbow Runners, Big Eye Tuna, and don’t forget Sharks.
Bite Me 4 Vessel Facts:
- 38-foot Hatteras
- Covered cabin and top deck
- Comfortable seating
- Clean bathroom
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five - 130s; Two - 80s; Two - 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four - TLD 25s; Four - TLD 15s
*Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- Tuna tubes keep baits fresh and lively.
- Live Bait Wells
Kona Big Game Fishing
Big Island Sportfishing
Hauling in a Big One
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina.
Take that road lined with palm trees and go Right at your second opportunity. This will place you at the most INLAND part of the marina. Park on the dirt by the water. You'll see a sign for the Bite Me 2 over a walking ramp that will take you from the parking lot to the water. At the bottom of the ramp stick to your right and five slips up will be the Bite Me 2 with the red hull.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- 6 passengers
- The Bite Me 2 is a 46-foot Hatteras featuring two 550hp Detroit Diesel engines and a large tuna tower for locating fish.