Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 1
Departing from Honokohau Harbor, located just north of Kailua-Kona, Bite Me Sportfishing offers shared and private deep sea fishing tours. They provide state-of-the-art sportfishing equipment to ensure you have a great time going after the trophy fish you have always wanted to catch. Bite Me Sportfishing invites you to bring the family along for your Big Island fishing adventure.
The Bite Me 1 fishing tour is on board their original boat, a 40-foot Uniflite, one of Kona’s fastest 40 footers. It is a fantastic vessel for sportfishing with a medium-sized group or family.
Honokohau Harbor is just minutes away from "Grander Alley," a prime big game fishing location on the Kona Coast. Fish you can catch here include blue marlin, black marlin, striped marlin, yellowfin tuna, spearfish, wahoo and mahi mahi.
Bite Me 1 Vessel Facts:
- 40-foot Uniflite
- Comfortable covered air-conditioned cabin and sleeping quarters for overnight trips
- Leather couches, TV, VCR, DVD, video games and custom-made bow cushions
- Microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator
- Shaded top deck for great viewing
- Rail mounted digital video recorder
- Clean restroom with showers
- Two brand new 3126B Electronic 450hp Caterpillar engines with a top speed of 30 knots
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five - 130s; Two - 80s; Two - 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four - TLD 25s; Four - TLD 15s
*Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- Live Bait Wells
Kona Big Game Fishing
Hauling in a Big One
Big Island Sportfishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and stay on that road so you'll be on the south side of the marina waters. Park on the ocean side of the restroom building with the red roof. You'll see a red sign that says "Bite Me 1" near a boat ramp that will drop you down to the vessel.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- Shared charters require a minimum of 3 guests for a confirmed departure.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Shared Charter (4 hours)
1/2 Day Private Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Private Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Private Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- 6 passengers
- The Bite Me 1 is a 40-foot Uniflite featuring two 3126B Electronic 450hp Caterpillar engines with a top speed of 30 knots. It is Bite Me Sportfishing's original boat and one of Kona's fastest 40 footers.