Body Glove - Captain Cook Historical Dinner Cruise
Departing from Kailua pier in downtown Kailua-Kona, enjoy a relaxing dinner cruise down the coastline to beautiful Kealakekua Bay, a marine sanctuary. The bay is home to the Captain Cook Monument, which was built to honor Captain James Cook, a British explorer and navigator who was the first European to begin formal contact with the Hawaiian Islands in 1778.
Along the 12-mile cruise down the Kona Coast, you’ll enjoy spectacular shoreline views while an on board historian will point out over 50 points of interest and historical sites. While you are en route to Kealakekua Bay, enjoy an island-inspired dinner. Listen to live entertainment and watch the beautiful sunset on the way back.
- Mauna Loa Big Island Macadamia Nuts (Vegan/GF)
- Locally Grown Salad with House Made Maui Onion Vinaigrette Dressing
- Kealaola Farm Mixed Salad Greens, Waimea Grape Tomatoes, Japanese Cucumber, Red Onion (Vegan/GF)
- Served with a House Made Maui Onion Vinaigrette (Vegan/GF)
- Thai Coconut Curry with Hamakua Sweet Potatoes, Hawaiian Breadfruit, Carrots, & Bell Peppers (Vegan/GF)
- Steamed Jasmine Rice (Vegan/GF)
- Kiawe Mango Barbecue short ribs served with a Mango salsa (GF)
- Island Baked Coconut Dinner Rolls served with Butter (Vegetarian)
- Cheesecake with a Local Lilikoi Glaze (Vegetarian)
- 100% Kona Coffee
- Included is one complimentary cocktail. Cash bar thereafter.
- 65 foot long catamaran
- 15 foot high jump
- 20 foot water slide
- Wheelchair friendly
Scenic Kona Coast
Captain Cook Historical Dinner Cruise
Historical Dinner Cruise Menu
- Where and When:
- Tour time: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Check in at 3:30 pm at the Kailua-Kona pier View Map
Body Glove Cruises' main office is located in the Ilima Court (North Kona Shopping Center, 75-5629 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740), which has the closest free parking to the Kailua-Kona pier. It is about a five minute walk down to the pier from the office.
- Guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to boarding.
- Special Notes:
- A portion of all proceeds are donated to non-profit organizations for the preservation, restoration and education of Hawaiian culture and history, its coral reefs and coral reefs around the world.
The vessel is 100% wheelchair accessible on the lower deck. If you are traveling with a wheelchair, please let us know in advance so that pier parking can be reserved for you (there are only 2 spaces). If there's space we will note that the guest is using the space and will request that they call the office at boarding time for pier access. The guest will wait at the gate for a crew member to let them onto the pier. They must be traveling with a handicap placard in order to take advantage of pier parking.
Seating is first come first serve.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- 3 hours
- Body Glove
- Body Glove Cruises operates the Kanoa II, a state-of-the-art 65-foot catamaran that was designed with quality and comfort in mind. Guests enjoy plenty of shade and cushioned seating. The vessel features flat screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment and a full service premium bar. The Kanoa II is equipped with three restrooms and is also wheelchair friendly. The spacious lower deck allows for a full range of movement.