Ocean Sports - Pau Hana Sunset Cruise
Departing from Anaeho'omalu Bay and Kawaihae Harbor in the Waikoloa resort area of the Big Island's Kohala Coast, this is a relaxing sunset cruise and the perfect way to start your evening in paradise. Enjoy spectacular coastline views and snack on delicious cold pupus (appetizers). Sip on a refreshing beverage from the complimentary bar, featuring island brews on tap, tropical cocktails, soft drinks and juices.
- Sunset cocktail cruise along the Kohala coastline
- Phenomenal photo opportunities
- Soft drinks, beers and wines
- Variety of individually wrapped bar snacks
Ocean Sports Sail
Big Island Dinner Cruise
- Where and When:
- April 16 to August 31: Departs at 5:00 pm (check in at 4:30 pm)
September 1 to September 30: Departs at 4:30 pm (check in at 4:00 pm)
October 1 to December 14: Departs at 4:00 pm (check in at 3:30 pm)
Monday and Wednesday departures are from Anaeho'omalu Bay.
Saturday departures are from Kawaihae Harbor.
Monday & Wednesday:
Check in at the Ocean Sports Beach Hut on Anaeho'omalu Bay. View Map
Boardings are from the beach. You will wade through water to board the vessel anywhere from ankle to above knee-deep water depending on tide.
Check in at the Whale Center at Kawaihae, located at 61-3657 Akoni Pule Hwy, Kawaihae, HI 96743 View Map
Kawaihae Driving directions: Driving north towards Kawaihae on Highway 270, drive past the entrance to the harbor. As the road Y-intersects, you'll see Kama'aina Korner Outlet on the right. Ocean Sports is at the corner of Hwy 270 and Akoni Pule Hwy (right below the 76 Gas Station). You can park in our small lot, or across the road from the building along the green fence.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Tour departures from Anaeho'omalu Bay are wet boardings from the beach. Depending on tide heights you may need to walk through knee-deep water or higher.
Tour departures from Kawaihae are dock boardings.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday & Saturday from April 16 to December 15
- 2 hours
- You will be sailing on Sea Smoke, Manu Iwa or the Alala, all of which are smooth-sailing catamarans, made to glide effortlessly through the water. Cruises on Alala will be under engine power, not sail power.
Usually A-Bay locations sail the Sea Smoke or Manu Iwa and Kawaihae locations sail the Alala.