Dolphin Discoveries - Dolphin Discovery Adventure
Enjoy a snorkel cruise along the Big Island’s scenic Kona Coast. The crew of Dolphin Discoveries have nearly 20 years of experience in looking of wild dolphins, and they have the utmost respect for not disrupting them while they are resting or nursing. Instead of chasing after them, they let the dolphins choose whether they want to interact.
Your adventure starts off cruising along the shore looking for one of the many pods of dolphins that are seen here. If possible, the crew will let you into the water to swim with the dolphins (after the dolphins have shown signs of being inviting to swimmers). After viewing and/or swimming with the dolphins, the tour continues to a fantastic snorkel site where you can enjoy swimming and snorkeling over a pristine reef and see a wide variety of marine life. Green sea turtles are often seen as well.
- Morning dolphin watching & snorkel cruise
- Snorkel in pristine waters surrounded by marine life
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- All snorkel gear
- Light snacks, fresh fruit, water and juices
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 7:30 am at the picnic table next to the public restrooms, across from the Keauhou Bay boat ramp.
Tour returns at approximately 12:00 pm.
There is street parking along Kaleiopapa Street.
- Minimum age is 6 years old.
The maximum weight per guest is 280 lbs (127 kg).
All guests should know how to swim and be comfortable swimming in the ocean.
Day trips are not recommended for people with back or neck problems or those who may be pregnant as the trip can be bumpy.
- Special Notes:
- Dolphin Discoveries is extremely proud of their "Dolphin View" record being nearly 98% of the time. However, if for any reason dolphins are not seen on the day of your tour, you will be offered the opportunity go out a second time at no additional charge on a space available basis.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Approximately 4 hours
- Dolphin Discoveries
- Snorkel gear and instruction are included.