Hawaii Forest and Trail - Kohala Waterfalls Adventure
Experience a fun off-road adventure and relaxed nature walk on this Kohala waterfalls tour. You'll even get the chance to swim at a waterfall. This tour is fun for all ages!
- Ramble off-road in a 4-wheel-drive vehicle
- Take a relaxed, guided walk through a private nature reserve
- See historic taro terraces and cross charming foot bridges
- Cool off with a swim under one of seven cascading waterfalls
- Enjoy a private picnic lunch with views of sea cliffs and valleys
- Shop or enjoy local ice cream in historic Hawi town
- Picnic lunch (sandwiches do have cheese, please notate any lactose issues)
- Walking sticks
- Day pack and rain gear
Hawaii Forest and Trail
Kohala Waterfalls Adventure
- Where and When:
- Tour time:
October & November: 6:50 am tour departure
Starting December: Tour 1 departs at 7:30 am and Tour 2 departs at 8:30 am
Tour departs from the following locations:
Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, 73-5593A Olowalu St., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Please meet us across the street from Home Depot at our Kona Headquarters. This is a departure point for many Hawaii Forest & Trail Tours. This location also has a 900 sq. ft. retail store that includes outdoor gear and apparel, books, maps and gift items.
Queen's Marketplace, 69-201 Waikoloa Beach Dr, Waikoloa, HI 96738 (near Charlie's Thai Cuisine) View Map
The backside of this popular shopping area serves as a pickup location for many Hawaii Forest & Trail tours. Look for Charlie's Thai Cuisine, and HF&T will be at the curb!
- Please bring your own water bottle for use on tour. Water bottles are available for purchase at Hawaii Forest and Trail and a jug will be available for refills.
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet, or muddy conditions.
All children 3 years and under MUST be carried in a child carrier.
- Special Notes:
- There is about 1.5 miles in hiking total over 1-2 hours.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- Approximately 8 hours
- Hawaii Forest and Trail
- Maximum 12 participants
- Provided: Walking sticks, warm wear, day packs and rain ponchos