Big Island Air - Twilight/Sunset Flight
Come aboard Big Island Air for an aerial tour of the entire island in the late afternoon hours. This is the only twilight flight over Kilauea Volcano, which allows for excellent lava viewing conditions. This tour also takes you to the spectacular waterfalls along the island's lush Hamakua Coast.
- Experience Kilauea Volcano's fiery eruption at sunset
- See five volcanoes, towering waterfalls, hundreds of miles of beautiful coastline and more
- Fully-narrated tour, including passenger headsets
- Cessna 208 Jet-Prop Caravan
- Aircraft was originally configured for 13 passengers, but Big Island Air has adopted a 9-passenger configuration to ensure everyone has their own window for viewing as well as ample room
- Every seat is a window seat
- Aircraft is air-conditioned for your comfort
- BIG SEATS with lots of leg room
- High wing aircraft for excellent viewing
Big Island Air has the most experienced flight crew in the state of Hawaii. Their pilots are trained at the prestigious Flight Safety International School, in addition to their already impressive and extensive flight histories, which include commercial, military and airline transport pilot ratings. Big Island Air's Director of Operations and the Chief Pilot alone have more than 22,000 hours of flight time between them.
Big Island Air Sunset
- Where and When:
- Check-in is 30 minutes prior to departure.
May through September:
Departure: 5:30 pm Return: 7:15 pm
October through April:
Departure: 4:00 pm Return: 5:45 pm
Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
Parking in the area is metered. Rates are subject to change, but 3 hours is usually around $9.00.
- Weight limit per passenger is 250 lbs (113 kg).
If a seat is not available at time of check-in, the passenger may be denied boarding due to the weight & balance of the aircraft and WILL NOT be eligible for a refund.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Infants (0-23 months) may ride for free sitting on a parent's lap. If they require their own seat, the full price will be charged. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
This tour is not suggested for cruise ship passengers.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- 1.5 hours
- 9 passengers
- Cessna 208 Jet-Prop Caravan - turbine-engine, jet prop airplane
Features a window seat for each guest, ample leg and head room, air conditioning, and high wing design.