Big Island Air - Premier Island Tour
Tour the Big Island of Hawaii on board a Cessna Grand Caravan airplane. Unlike in a helicopter, every passenger gets their own window for viewing on this tour! During the 1.5 hour flight, you will circle the entire island and see all of top attractions. Soar over the Kilauea volcano, see hidden waterfalls and rainforests, and fly over 266 miles of coastline with spectacular views of white and black sand beaches.
- See the entire Big Island of Hawaii during this grand air tour
- Fly over many different landscapes, from black lava fields to lush tropical rainforests, deep valleys and mountains
- Fully-narrated tour, including passenger headsets
- Cessna Grand Caravan EX
- Aircraft was originally configured for 13 passengers, but Big Island Air limits their tour to 9 passengers to ensure everyone has their own window
- BIG SEATS with lots of leg room
- Aircraft is air-conditioned for your comfort
- High wing aircraft for excellent viewing
Big Island Air has the most experienced flight crew in the state of Hawaii. Their pilots are trained at the prestigious Flight Safety International School, in addition to their already impressive and extensive flight histories, which include commercial, military and airline transport pilot ratings. Big Island Air's Director of Operations and the Chief Pilot alone have more than 22,000 hours of flight time between them.
Big Island Air
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 7:00 am & 9:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 2:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Check-in is 30 minutes prior to departure. Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
Parking in the area is metered. Rates are subject to change, but 3 hours is usually around $9.00.
- Weight limit per passenger is 250 lbs (113 kg).
If a seat is not available at time of check-in, the passenger may be denied boarding due to the weight & balance of the aircraft and WILL NOT be eligible for a refund.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Infants (0-23 months) may ride for free sitting on a parent's lap. If they require their own seat, the full price will be charged. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
This tour is not suggested for cruise ship passengers.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
- 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 9 passengers
- Cessna Grand Caravan EX - turbine-engine, jet prop airplane
Features a window seat for each guest, ample leg and head room, air conditioning, and high wing design.