Kailani Tours Hawaii - Big Island Highlights Day Tour
Departing from all major Kona and Waikoloa hotels, this Big Island sightseeing tour includes all top island attractions, including Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a Kona coffee farm tour with tasting, Rainbow Falls and more! Affordable luxury is what this Big Island sightseeing tour is all about. You’ll travel in a comfortable Mercedes Benz mini-coach.
- Kona coffee tour & tasting – enjoy a Kona coffee farm tour and sample a variety of locally grown, premium coffees and teas
- Punalu'u Bake Shop – visit the southernmost bakery in the United States, known for baking delicious malasadas and other treats
- Punalu'u Black Sand Beach – see a beautiful black sand beach and keep an eye out for green sea turtles basking in the sand
- Volcano Winery & Tea Farm – lunch stop for a meal and tastings. Sample unique wines grown in the rich volcanic soil and enjoy a stroll of the lush grounds or browse through the gift shop
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – see all the park’s highlights, including the Chain of Craters Road, Thurston lava tube, natural steam vents and views of the new Halama'uma'u Crater
- Big Island Candies – opportunity to buy delicious treats for yourself or loved ones
- Rainbow Falls – visit one of the best waterfalls in Hawaii
- Continental breakfast at a coffee farm
- Gourmet picnic lunch at a tea farm and winery
- Malasadas from an iconic Hawaiian bakery
- Bottled water and a variety of sodas and juices
- Hot beverages
- Lavender scented hot & cold towel service
- Umbrellas in the event of rain
- Binoculars to use at your leisure
Breakfast: A light continental breakfast will be served with your freshly brewed Kona coffee between 8:30 and 9:00 am.
Lunch: A gourmet picnic lunch will be served in an outdoor setting just before noon. Typical menu might include grilled chicken served on a bed of quinoa salad, dinner roll and brownie lava bar.
*Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are available. If requested, please note next to guest's name when making your reservation.
- Where and When:
- Pick-up is available from all major Kona and Waikoloa hotels. The exact hotel pick-up time depends on your location and will be specified on your voucher.
Approximate pick-up time: 6:55 am - 7:00 am (Waikoloa), 7:30 am - 8:25 am (Kailua-Kona)
Approximate return time: 6:25 pm - 6:45 pm (Waikoloa), 7:00 pm (Kailua-Kona)
- Participants must be at least 5 years of age.
Tour does not include lengthy hikes.
Participants traveling with a wheelchair or walker are more than welcome to join the tour, but will need to be able to go up and down the van steps. Wheelchairs will need to be collapsible. There is no ADA lift.
- Special Notes:
- On the return trip from the Hilo side back to the Kona side, guests will be taken back the most convenient, timely and safest route. Routing will be determined by location of drop offs, road conditions and timing to determine if going over Saddle Road or the Hamakua Coast are best on that day.
- Operation Days:
- Approximately 11 hours
- Max. of 12 guests in group
- The spacious Mercedes passenger van provides the ultimate in comfort for guests hoping to avoid the large 50 passenger vehicles and who want a more personal and authentic Hawaiian experience. Kailani Tours has recently upgraded their entire fleet, complete with individual captain's chairs and additional legroom.