Wasabi Tours - Historic Kona and Farm Tour
Departing from the Kona/Waikoloa area, this Big Island sightseeing tour focuses on the island's history and culture. Tour ancient Hawaiian sites and visit a royal palace, a church, a honey farm and a coffee orchard to taste some locally made treats.
See the Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park, where you will learn about the handmade fishponds and seawalls along the beach. The tour then continues through downtown Kona, passing Hulihee Palace, which is a former royal vacation home, and Mokuaikaua Church.
Then visit Big Island Bees, where you will enjoy a presentation from a beekeeper and get to sample some sweet island nectar. At Kealakekua Bay, learn about Captain Cook's arrival and enjoy a fresh picnic lunch at the lookout.
The tour continues with a walking tour at Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park and a stop at a coffee orchard, where you can learn about the harvesting and milling process. Enjoy a sample of freshly brewed Kona-grown coffee before heading back.
- Historic, cultural, and agricultural sites around Kona
- Sacred site of Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park
- Take a guided nature walk through Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical park where you will see seawalls and ancient fishponds
- Get to see up close the Hawaiian monk seals and green sea turtles at Honokohau Beach
- Taste honey and listen to a beekeeper at Big Island Bees
- Sip on coffee during a tour of a coffee plantation
Bento lunch consisting of teriyaki chicken, fish, vegetables, and steamed rice with assorted juices, snacks, and bottled water.
- All park entrance fees
- Sunscreen and rain gear
- Where and When:
- Pick-up is available from all resorts and hotels in Keauhou, Kona, Waikoloa and Kohala areas between 7:00 am and 8:00 am. Actual pick-up time will vary depending on location and will be emailed with your confirmation. Tour duration is about 7 hours.
- Easy hiking over short distances. Total hike distance is about a mile.
Ages 5 and over recommended.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Friday
- Approximately 7 hours
- Maximum of 13 guests per vehicle