Sea Paradise - Sunset Manta Ray Snorkel Tour
Come aboard the Hokulani, a luxury trimaran, and enjoy a short trip out to "Manta Village," which is located just off the Outrigger Kona Resort. This is where manta rays like to hang out after the sun goes down.
Once we reach the snorkel site, the friendly staff on board will assist you onto the flotation device, which stays on the surface the entire time. So all you need to do is hold onto the large float and look down through your snorkel mask. You'll be able to see manta rays in their natural habitat and see how they feed on the microscopic plankton.
As your incredible snorkel experience comes to an end, you'll be served some light snacks or a warm cup of hot cocoa on board. Snorkel time is approximately 1 hour.
- Sail out to Manta Village
- From a float, watch manta rays as they feed on the illuminated microscopic plankton below you
- All snorkel gear and wetsuit provided
- Snacks, juice, water, soft drinks and hot cocoa
About the Vessel "Hoku Nui":
- 50 foot new luxury sailing catamaran
- Open floor plan with 360 degree view
- Shaded area under cabin top
- Wide steps and handrail for water entry
- Sundeck with trampoline seating
- Freshwater shower
- Large marine toilets
- Purified drinking water
- Spacious galley
Sunset Manta Ray Snorkel Tour
Hawaii Manta Ray Snorkel Tour
Hoku Nui Boat
- Where and When:
- October - March: Check in at 5:45 pm. Tour time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
April - September: Check in at 6:15 pm. Tour time: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
Tour departs at Keauhou Bay Harbor, 78-7130 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Return to Keauhou Bay approximately 1.5 to 2 hrs from departure time.
Meet directly at Keauhou Bay located at the end of Kaleiopapa Street. Please do not check in at any buildings. You will be met by crew at the end of the pier 15 minutes prior to departure and will be fitted for wetsuits before boarding. Be sure to wear swimwear for the wetsuit fitting. Public restrooms are located on the east side of Kaleiopapa Street near the end parking lot. Restrooms are also on board the vessel.
- Snorkeling: Minimum age 6 years
Ride along: Minimum age 4 years
All guests must be able to get up and down the ladder by themselves. It is about 3 ft wide with about 9 steps on the ladder.
Due to safety concerns, the use of full-face snorkel masks is not allowed on this tour.
Wetsuit sizes go up to 5X which usually fits up to 300 lbs (136 kg) depending on body's weight distribution.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- 2 hours
- Sea Paradise
- 36 snorkelers and 4 ride along spots
- The Hoku Nui is a brand new 50-foot luxury sailing catamaran featuring a spacious galley, wide steps and a handrail for easy water entry. The vessel is equipped with large marine toilets and a freshwater shower.