Paradise Helicopters - Hawaii Experience (Kona Airport)
This flight departs from the Kona Airport. On this adventure you will experience the best of the Big Island on the way to the current lava activity at Kilauea. Whether flying between Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, or by the clear blue waters of South Kona, both flight paths allow you to view areas not visible from the road. We will take you to the current lava activity for the best possible viewing once we reach Kilauea Volcano.
See the East side of the island with its lush tropical rainforests, abundant waterfalls and emerald green valleys. Then leave the lush green behind as your flight takes you by the Kona Coast, where the resorts provide a contrast to the stark lava fields and clear blue waters.
Our Elite features include six passenger American-made Helicopters with executive seating, spacious, wide body cabin, over-sized windows for an outstanding view and great photo opportunities. It also includes two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot. Paradise Helicopters offer friendly customer service and is conveniently located at the Kona International Airport .
- Unique overflights of historic Kailua Village, the world-famous Kona coffee belt, the intriguing south flank of Hualalai Volcano, the Pu'u O'o lava area and the valleys of Kohala
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests, waterfalls and black sand beaches
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the
advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the
other guests. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This
upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and
balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing, if a guests doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note the capacity surcharge already
includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A
capacity surcharge is required for guest who weight between 265 and 315
lbs at check in. A window seat is guaranteed with the capacity
surcharge. If you did not select the capacity surcharge and weigh
between these amounts at check in you will still be charged directly by
Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guest that weigh above 315 lbs a Extra Seat Charge is required. If
you did not select the extra seat charge and weigh above 315 lbs at check in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
- Transportation: Free
round-trip transportation available on a limited basis for guests in
the Kona Coast area, Hapuna area, and Keauhou area. Some exceptions may
NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return
shuttles back to their pick up locations. If you have other activities
planned or don't wish to wait you'll need to make other arrangements.
Big Island Waterfalls
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:00 am & 10:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:00 am & 12:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
If you selected Kona side Transportation, exact pick up time and location will be emailed to you.
PLEASE NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return shuttles back to their pick up locations. If you have other activities planned or don't wish to wait you'll need to make other arrangements.
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing between 265-315 lbs (120-142 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 for Kona flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 315 lbs (142 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of two (2) AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 1.5 to 2 hours total flight time
- Paradise Helicopters
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.