Paradise Helicopters - Volcano and Kohala Landing (Kona Airport)
Few words can describe the excitement you'll experience on the Hawaii Volcano & Kohala Landing tour with Paradise Helicopters. You'll take an unforgettable journey over Hawaii’s newest and most active volcano. This is where Pele is forming new land right now and is the way that all the Hawaiian islands were formed.
After seeing the newest lava-formed land in the world, you will soar northward to your own private paradise - the unforgettable Kohala Coast. Enjoy the beauty of 400-foot waterfalls. After seeing the creation of the island from above, what could be better than landing at the Awini Landing overlooking the ocean where you can unwind and experience paradise first hand.
- 3-hour helicopter adventure, including landing
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests and beaches
- Kohala landing site overlooks the valley and ocean
- Beautiful picnic area
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the
advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the
other guests. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This
upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and
balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing, if a guests doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note the capacity surcharge already
includes a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 269 lbs (122 kg) at check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
Bell 407 Helicopter
Scenic Big Island Coastline
- Where and When:
- Morning departure time. The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Picnic food is not provided, but guests may bring their own food.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- Approx. 2 hours total flight time and 1 hour on the ground
- Paradise Helicopters
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.