Paradise Helicopters - Lava & Rainforests Adventure (Hilo Airport)
This flight departs from Hilo Airport. You will fly over miles of tropical rainforest on your way to Kilauea Volcano. See the volcanic rebirth of the island as you witness first hand the awesome volcanic power.
On the return flight, you will cross the slopes of Mauna Loa to the Wailuku River, where many waterfalls cascade into beautiful emerald ponds.
- Fly over Kilauea, the most active volcano on earth and see its current activity
- See Hilo and the surrounding rainforests and waterfalls
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat
next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing
the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is subject to
weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This
upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and
balance restrictions. Please note the capacity surcharge already
includes a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests who weigh above 269 lbs an Extra Seat Charge is required. If
you did not select the extra seat charge and weigh above 269 lbs at check-in, you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
Kilauea Volcano Sights
Lava Rock Beaches
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:30 pm & 3:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo International Airport
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Friday
- Approximately 60 minutes
- Paradise Helicopters
- Hughes MD500