Dolphin Discoveries - Dolphin Discovery Adventure
Experience a fun dolphin watching cruise aboard a raft along the south Kona coastline. Departing from Keauhou Harbor, we'll start the tour cruising to look for one of the many pods of dolphins that are frequently seen in this area.
The Dolphin Discoveries crew has nearly 20 years of experience looking for wild dolphins. They have the utmost respect for not disrupting the dolphins' rest, nursing and breeding behaviors.
After viewing the dolphins, we’ll leave them to their natural resting cycle and head to a snorkel site to enjoy the water and other marine life around, which includes colorful tropical fish and green sea turtles.
- Morning dolphin watching cruise
- Head to a snorkel spot to see a variety of marine life
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- All snorkel gear
- Light snacks, fresh fruit, water and juices
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 7:30 am at the picnic table next to the public restrooms, across from the Keauhou Bay boat ramp.
Tour returns at approximately 12:00 pm.
There is street parking along Kaleiopapa Street.
- Minimum age is 6 years old.
The maximum weight per guest is 280 lbs (127 kg).
All guests should know how to swim and be comfortable swimming in the ocean.
Day trips are not recommended for people with back or neck problems or those who may be pregnant as the trip can be bumpy.
- Special Notes:
- Dolphin Discoveries is extremely proud of their "Dolphin View" record being nearly 98% of the time. However, if for any reason dolphins are not seen on the day of your tour, you will be offered the opportunity go out a second time at no additional charge on a space available basis.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Approximately 4 hours
- Dolphin Discoveries
- Snorkel gear and instruction are included.