Kailani Tours Hawaii - Deluxe Big Island Day Tour: Volcanoes and Dinner
Departing from the Kona side of the island, this deluxe sightseeing tour takes you to the Big Island’s iconic volcano and eruption sites, as well as other points of interest. Travel in luxury and comfort during this all-inclusive tour. Everything from transportation, admission and dining is planned on your behalf, so you can focus on enjoying the sights. Expect expert storytelling and island history from your knowledgeable tour guide.
- Kona coffee farm – deli-style picnic lunch along with coffee tastings at a premium coffee farm deep in Kona coffee country
- Punalu'u Bake Shop – enjoy fresh Hawaiian sweetbreads and Portuguese-inspired malasadas at the southernmost bakery in the U.S.
- Punalu'u Black Sand Beach – see a beautiful black sand beach and keep an eye out for green sea turtles basking in the sand
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – drive along Chain of Craters Road, see natural steam vents, take a short hike through the Thurston lava tube and discover the volcano’s reformation and gaze at the enormity of the giant Halema'uma'u Crater
- Three-course dinner in Volcano Town
- Deli-style picnic lunch
- Three course dinner at the historic Kilauea Lodge
- Bottled water and a variety of sodas and juices
- Hot beverages
- Lavender scented hot & cold towel service
- Umbrellas in the event of rain
*Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are available. If requested, please note next to guest's name when making your reservation.
- Where and When:
- Tour time: 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Pick-up is available from all major Kona and Waikoloa hotels. The exact hotel pick-up time depends on your location and will be specified on your voucher.
- Participants must be 5+ years of age.
Tour includes a few short walks to and from several sites.
Participants traveling with a wheelchair or walker are more than welcome to join the tour, but will need to be able to go up and down the van steps. Wheelchairs will need to be collapsible. There is no ADA lift.
Tour description and itinerary is subject to change. Due to the topographical and weather changes that have recently affected the tour area, some attractions and sites may be unreachable or unsafe to visit. Park officials have recently reopened Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with several restrictions as they continue to make repairs. Park officials have been known to restrict entry without notice. Kailani Tours Hawaii will not issue refunds caused by park restrictions.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Wednesday through Sunday
- Approximately 11 hours
- Max. 12 guests
- The spacious Mercedes passenger van provides the ultimate in comfort for guests hoping to avoid the large 50 passenger vehicles and who want a more personal and authentic Hawaiian experience.