Hawaii Forest & Trail - Epic Island Volcano Journey
This epic journey takes you to the Big Island’s most beautiful natural attractions, as well as a coffee farm, scenic lookout points, waterfalls, lava tubes, historic landmarks and more! Enjoy a full-day island exploration that covers the island’s “must see” sights, plus scenic backroads and heritage corridors. The tour includes a delicious island breakfast and a picnic style lunch.Tour Highlights:
- Explore an active volcano and visit all the must-see sights within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Look for green sea turtles at Punaluu Beach
- Visit a private cave system and learn how lava tubes are formed
- Enjoy private tour at an award-winning Kona coffee farm - Greenwell Farms
- Visit and view the scenic and majestic Rainbow Falls
- Includes over $30 per person in park entry fees
- Savory breakfast
- Picnic Style Lunch
- Culturally themed afternoon snack
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guide
- Industry-leading equipment and fleet
- Use of daypacks and raingear
Savory Breakfast Menu: Egg burrito, potatoes, croissants, oatmeal, fresh island fruit and
banana bread, 100% Kona coffee, teas, hot chocolate and juices. Vegan
burrito option available.
Lunch: Choice of Turkey, Tuna, Ham or vegetarian sandwich OR Garden Fresh gluten free salad, Big Island sweet potato chips, fresh baked cookie.
Punaluu Black Sand Beach
- Where and When:
- Departs at 6:50 am from the Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, located at 73-5593A Olowalu St., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. View Map
Shuttle available for guests at select Kohala and Kona resorts.
Return is at 7:00 pm.
- Minimum age to participate in this tour is 8 years.
Participants should be able to walk on uneven or rocky terrain.
- Special Notes:
- Tour involves short walks from 0.5 mile to 1 mile in length.
Wear closed-toed shoes and wear/bring long pants and a light jacket as it can be chilly, wet and foggy.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Other days may be available by request.
- Approx. 12 hours
- Hawaii Forest and Trail
- 14 guests