Hawaii Forest & Trail - Epic Island Volcano Journey
This epic journey takes you to the Big Island’s most beautiful natural attractions, as well as a coffee farm, scenic lookout points, waterfalls, lava tubes, historic landmarks and more! Enjoy a full-day island exploration that covers the island’s “must see” sights, plus scenic backroads and heritage corridors. The tour includes a delicious island breakfast and a picnic style lunch.Tour Highlights:
- Explore an active volcano and visit all the must-see sights within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Look for green sea turtles at Punaluu Beach
- Visit a private cave system and learn how lava tubes are formed
- Enjoy private tour at an award-winning Kona coffee farm - Greenwell Farms
- Visit and view the scenic and majestic Rainbow Falls
- Includes over $30 per person in park entry fees
- Savory breakfast
- Picnic Style Lunch
- Culturally themed afternoon snack
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guide
- Industry-leading equipment and fleet
- Use of daypacks and raingear
Savory Breakfast Menu: Egg burrito, potatoes, croissants, oatmeal, fresh island fruit and
banana bread, 100% Kona coffee, teas, hot chocolate and juices. Vegan
burrito option available.
Lunch: Choice of Turkey, Tuna, Ham or vegetarian sandwich OR Garden Fresh gluten free salad, Big Island sweet potato chips, fresh baked cookie.
Punaluu Black Sand Beach
- Where and When:
- Departs at 6:50 am from the Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, located at 73-5593A Olowalu St., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. View Map
Shuttle available for guests at select Kohala and Kona resorts.
Return is at 7:00 pm.
- All Guest Must:
- Provide Proof of a negative COVID-19 test through the Hawaii Safe Travel Program or proof of 14 day quarantine (airline generated flight itinerary). Test results must be presented upon check-in.
- Complete a Health Questionnaire and temperature check with contactless infrared thermometer completed prior to participation.
- Wear a face mask at all times in the vehicle and wherever social distancing is not possible.
Please bring your own water bottle for use on tour. Water bottles are available for purchase at Hawaii Forest and Trail and a jug will be available for refills.
- Minimum age to participate in this tour is 8 years.
Participants should be able to walk on uneven or rocky terrain.
- Special Notes:
- Tour involves short walks from 0.5 mile to 1 mile in length.
Wear closed-toed shoes and wear/bring long pants and a light jacket as it can be chilly, wet and foggy.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Other days may be available by request.
- Approx. 12 hours
- Hawaii Forest and Trail
- 14 guests