Wasabi Tours - Twilight Volcano & Stargazing Tour
Departing from Kona/Kohala, this Big Island volcano tour takes you to all the island's top volcanic attractions, including Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. The first stop is south of Kona at a local coffee farm, where you'll get the chance to see the orchards and try the world-famous Kona coffee.
The tour then continues south past scenic Kealakekua Bay and South Point, the southernmost point in the United States. Arriving at Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, keep an eye out for the Hawaiian green sea turtles that are frequently seen here.
In the afternoon, visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. There will be various stops along the park's Chain of Craters Road, including past steam vents, past flow sites, scenic lookout points and the beautiful coastline with views of Holei Sea Arch. You'll also get to see the Thurston lava tube.
Then enjoy a sit-down dinner at a restaurant near the park. After dinner, your tour guide will take you to a secluded and ideal location for stargazing through a portable yet powerful telescope near Mauna Kea. Depending on weather conditions, you will be able to observe stars and planets. It is an experience similar and comparable to stargazing at the Mauna Kea Visitor Center.
- Kona coffee farm
- Punalu'u Black Sand Beach
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (about 2.5 hour stop including Kilauea Crater lookout, steam vents, Kilauea Iki lookout, Chain of Craters Road, Thurston Lava Tube and Holei Sea Arch
- Stargazing with a telescope at either Volcanoes National Park or Mauna Kea State Park (NOT Mauna Kea Visitor Center) - weather permitting
- Learn about the history, culture, geography and ecology of Hawaii's Big Island from your knowledgeable, certified guide
- Picnic-style lunch: teriyaki chicken, panko crusted fish, steamed white rice and purple sweet potatoes (vegetarian alternative: tofu, vegetable stir-fry, sweet potatoes and white rice) - please select your lunch choice when making your reservation
- Dinner at a restaurant near the park (menu provided at restaurant)
- Assorted juices, snacks and bottled water
- Where and When:
- Pick-up is available from all resorts and hotels in Waikoloa, Kohala, Kona and Keauhou area between 9:30 am to 11 am. Actual pick-up time varies depending on hotel location. The exact pick-up time will be specified on your voucher.
- All guests age 5 years and older are required to wear a face mask while in the vehicle. Face masks are not required while outside the vehicle.
- Easy hiking over short distances (no more than 1 mile in total).
- Special Notes:
- Wasabi Tour Hawaii's top priority is the health and safety of all their guests and employees. Disinfectant wipes, face masks and hand sanitizers are provided for all guests. All interior and exterior of their tour vans are thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant by dedicated cleaners daily, including seat belts, headrests, armrests, seats and all upholstery.
Please note that any and all active lava sightings are subject to the current volcanic activity the day you are on the tour.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday - Saturday
- Approximately 12 hours
- Small group size - 12 people max.
- Mercedes Sprinter Van or Minivan