Kohala Zipline - Kohala Canopy Tour
This Big Island zipline tour takes place on the island's lush northern tip, near Hawi. Built right into the jungle, here you can enjoy zipping across 9 lines, crossing suspension bridges and rappelling from a tree! Fly past native kukui and eucalyptus trees and above ancient taro terraces. You’ll also get to see the Kohala Ditch, an irrigation canal that dates back to 1906. This is truly an unforgettable zipline adventure!
- 9-Line Zipline Canopy Tour
- 2 certified canopy guides on every tour
- Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours, start to finish
- Rain wear, water, snack, all safety gear included
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time.
Driving directions from Kona/Waikoloa/Mauna Lani to the Kohala Zipline in Hawi:
1) Head north on Queen Kaahumanu Hwy (Route 19).
2) Turn left on Akoni Pule Hwy (Route 270) heading towards Kawaihae/Hawi.
3) Arrive at Kohala Zipline station just past Hawi.
Approximate drive times:
Mauna Lani: 30 40 minutes
Kailua-Kona: 60 70 minutes
Kohala Zipline, 55-515 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719 View Map
- Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short climb.
Participants must wear closed-toed walking shoes.
Lightweight pants or knee length shorts and a T-shirt are recommended because of harness.
Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs and be at least 8 years old.
Minor children require a parent or guardian to sign their participation agreement, and children between the ages of 8 and 13 require an adult to zip with them.
This tour is not for those with back or neck problems and expectant mothers.
- Special Notes:
- Includes water, snack, all safety gear (helmets, gloves & harnesses).
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Kohala Zipline
- 8 guests