Kohala Zipline - Kohala Canopy Tour
This Big Island zipline tour takes place on the island's lush northern tip, near Hawi. Built right into the jungle, here you can enjoy zipping across 8 lines, crossing 6 suspension bridges and rappelling from a tree! Fly past native kukui and eucalyptus trees and above ancient taro terraces. You’ll also get to see the Kohala Ditch, an irrigation canal that dates back to 1906. This is truly an unforgettable zipline adventure!
- Fun aerial trek that includes suspension bridges and a rappel
- 8 zipline runs in total (ziplines get progressively longer)
- 6 sky bridges - walk across suspension bridges connecting ziplines
- Tour ends with an exciting rappel from the final tree
- 8-line zipline canopy tour
- 2 certified canopy guides on every tour
- Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours, start to finish
- Rain wear, water, snack, all safety gear included
Kohala Canopy Tour
Kohala Zipline Tour
- Where and When:
- Tour times: 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm
Check in 30 minutes prior to your selected tour time.
Driving directions from Kona/Waikoloa/Mauna Lani to the Kohala Zipline in Hawi:
1) Head north on Queen Kaahumanu Hwy (Route 19).
2) Turn left on Akoni Pule Hwy (Route 270) heading towards Kawaihae/Hawi.
3) Arrive at Kohala Zipline station just past Hawi.
Approximate drive times:
Mauna Lani: 30-40 minutes
Kailua-Kona: 60-70 minutes
Kohala Zipline, 55-515 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719 View Map
- Please bring your own water bottle for use on tour. Water bottles are available for purchase at Hawaii Forest and Trail and a jug will be available for refills.
- Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs and be at least 8 years old.
Minor children require a parent or guardian to sign their participation agreement, and children between the ages of 8 and 13 require an adult to go on the tour with them.
This tour is not for those with back or neck problems and expectant mothers.
Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short ascents and descents.
Lightweight pants or knee length shorts and a T-shirt are recommended because of harness.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Kohala Zipline
- 6 guests