Kohala Zipline - Kohala Zip & Dip
This Big Island zipline adventure includes zipping across a total of 8 lines and crossing 6 suspension bridges, plus rappelling from a tree. You’ll also get the chance to swim under a tropical waterfall! The Kohala Zipline is located on the scenic northern tip of the island, near the town of Hawi. The zipline course is built right into the jungle and features soaring tree-top platforms. While zipping you’ll enjoy plenty of spectacular views of natural streams, lush vegetation and ancient taro terraces.
After your zipline tour, you’ll travel to a scenic lookout point at Pololu Valley, where you’ll be served a delicious deli lunch. Then get ready for a short nature walk along a private trail that leads to a waterfall, where you’ll have the option of having a refreshing dip. This is truly one-of-a-kind island adventure!
- Zip across 8 lines, cross 6 suspension bridges and do a rappel from a tree
- Zipline course includes 14 tree-based platforms
- Enjoy two short hikes (150 yards and 500 yards in length) with some short ascents and descents
- Swim at a stream with cascading falls overhead (optional)
- Enjoy scenic views of the Kohala Coast, the Island of Maui, and ancient Hawaiian agriculture site
- Two certified canopy guides
- Snack and deli lunch (choice of ham, tuna, turkey or veggie sandwich)
- Assorted soft drinks and juices, souvenir water bottle
- All safety gear (helmets, gloves & harnesses) provided
Kohala Zipline Adventure
Kohala Zip Adventure
Walk over an Aqueduct Bridge
- Where and When:
- Tour time: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Limited Pick-ups Available
Limited pick ups are available at the Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters, Four Seasons Resorts Hualalai, Queen's Market Place, or Shops at Mauna Lani (front of Foodland Store). You will automatically be given the closest pick up location or driving out instructions if you are closer to the check in location. Pick ups range between 6:50 am and 7:40 am normally.
Check-in is at 8:00 am. Below are the driving directions from Kona/Waikoloa/Mauna Lani to the Kohala Zipline Station in Hawi:
1) Head north on Queen Kaahumanu Hwy (Route 19).
2) Turn left on Akoni Pule Hwy (Route 270) heading towards Kawaihae/Hawi.
3) Arrive at Kohala Zipline station just past Hawi.
Approximate drive times:
From Waikoloa Mauna Lani: 30-40 minutes
From Kailua-Kona: 60-70 minutes
Kohala Zipline, 55-515 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719
- Please bring your own water bottle for use on tour. Water bottles are available for purchase at Hawaii Forest and Trail and a jug will be available for refills.
- Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs and be at least 8 years old.
Minor children require a parent or guardian to sign their participation agreement, and children between the ages of 8 and 13 require an adult to go on the tour with them.
This tour is not for those with back or neck problems and expectant mothers.
Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short ascents and descents.
Lightweight pants or knee length shorts and a T-shirt are recommended because of harness.
May wear swimsuit under clothing for waterfall part of tour.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- 7 hours
- Kohala Zipline
- 6 guests