Kohala Zipline - Kohala Zip & Dip
This Big Island zipline adventure includes zipping across a total of 9 lines and crossing 5 suspension bridges, plus rappelling from a tree. Plus, you’ll have the chance to swim under a tropical waterfall! The Kohala Zipline is located on the scenic northern tip of the island, near the town of Hawi. The zipline course is built right into the jungle and features soaring tree-top platforms. While zipping you’ll enjoy plenty of spectacular views of natural streams, lush vegetation and ancient taro terraces.
After your zipline tour, you’ll travel to a scenic lookout point at Pololu Valley, where you’ll be served a delicious deli lunch. Then get ready for a short nature walk along a private trail that leads to a waterfall, where you’ll have the option of having a refreshing dip. This is truly one-of-a-kind island adventure!
- Zip across 9 lines, cross 5 suspension bridges and do a rappel from a tree
- Zipline trek includes 14 tree-based platforms
- Enjoy two short hikes (150 yards and 500 yards in length) with some short ascents and descents
- Swim or relax at a stream with cascading falls overhead
- Enjoy scenic views of the Kohala Coast, the Island of Maui, and ancient Hawaiian agriculture site
- Two certified canopy guides
- Snack and deli lunch (choice of ham, tuna, turkey or veggie sandwich)
- Assorted soft drinks and juices, souvenir water bottle
Kohala Zipline Adventure
Small Tour Group
Walk over an Aqueduct Bridge
- Where and When:
- Pick-ups vary and are at set resorts, hotels, or shops (such as Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, Waikoloa Queen's Marketplace, or Mauna Lani and Foodland Farms shops). Normal resort pick-ups are the Sheraton Kona, Kona Coast Resort, Royal Sea Cliff, Kona Hawaiian Village, Royal Kona Resort and Courtyard Marriott King Kamehameha Beach Hotel. The exact pick-up time will be emailed to you.
If you plan to drive out yourself, check-in is normally at 8:00 am. Below are the driving directions from Kona/Waikoloa/Mauna Lani to the Kohala Zipline Station in Hawi:
1) Head north on Queen Kaahumanu Hwy (Route 19).
2) Turn left on Akoni Pule Hwy (Route 270) heading towards Kawaihae/Hawi.
3) Arrive at Kohala Zipline station just past Hawi.
Approximate drive times:
From Waikoloa Mauna Lani: 30 40 minutes
From Kailua-Kona: 60 70 minutes
Kohala Zipline, 55-515 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719
- Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short ascents and descents.
Participants must wear closed-toed walking shoes. Lightweight pants or knee length shorts and a T-shirt are recommended because of harness. May wear swimsuit under clothing for waterfall part of tour.
- Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs and be at least 8 years old.
Minor children require a parent or guardian to sign their participation agreement, and children between the ages of 8 and 13 require an adult to go on the tour with them.
This tour is not for those with back or neck problems and expectant mothers.
Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short ascents and descents.
Lightweight pants or knee length shorts and a T-shirt are recommended because of harness.
May wear swimsuit under clothing for waterfall part of tour.
- Special Notes:
- Includes all safety gear (helmets, gloves & harnesses), snacks and deli lunch.
- Operation Days:
- Usually Monday, Wednesday & Fridays with some added days.
- 8 hours
- Kohala Zipline
- 14 guests