Dolphin Discoveries - Captain Cook Afternoon Snorkel
This combination dolphin / whale watching and snorkel tour is 3 hours of fun. Come on board the Nai'a Nui, a 28-foot rigid-hull inflatable adventure craft and cruise along the historic Kona Coast, featuring views of sea caves and lava tubes. The destination is beautiful Kealakekua Bay, a protected marine preserve and home of the Captain Cook Monument. Here you can snorkel at one of the nicest marine sanctuaries in Hawaii, surrounded by numerous curious fish that live among the vibrant and colorful coral reefs. After snorkeling, we'll head out to find a pod of spinner dolphins (and, in the winter, you'll also go looking for some whales as well!)
- Afternoon dolphin and whale watch/snorkel tour
- Exploration of the historic Kona Coast
- Visit stunning sea caves and lava tubes en route to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay
- Snorkeling gear
- Flotation devices (including snorkeling vests & viewfinder boards)
- Water & juice
- Bottled water
- Learn about dolphins, whales and other ocean wildlife
- Where and When:
- Keauhou Bay boat launch ramp.
Check-in is at 12:15 pm
Tour returns at approximately 3:00 pm.
- Must be at least 8 years old.
Participants must weigh under 285 pounds (129 kg).
- Special Notes:
- Snorkel gear, instruction & swim aids are included, as are snacks and cold drinks.
Whale watching season is from mid-December to mid-April.
- Operation Days:
- Approximately 3 hours
- Dolphin Discoveries
- The Nai'a Nui is a 28-foot rigid-hull inflatable adventure craft, complete with shade. It has room for up to 12 passengers.