Dolphin Discoveries - Captain Cook Afternoon Snorkel
This combination dolphin / whale watching and snorkel tour is 3 hours of fun. You will see the sea caves and lava tubes of the historic Kona Coast as you make your way to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay. Once there, you will snorkel one of the nicest marine sanctuaries in Hawaii. As you snorkel, you will be accompanied by numerous curious fish that live among the vibrant and colorful coral reefs. After snorkeling, you will head out to find some of Hawaii's famous spinner dolphins (and, in the winter, you'll also go looking for some whales as well!)
- Afternoon dolphin and whale watch/snorkel tour
- Exploration of the historic Kona Coast
- Visit stunning sea caves and lava tubes en route to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay
- Snorkeling Gear
- Flotation Devices (including snorkeling vests & view finder boards)
- Water & Juice
- Bottled water
- Learn about dolphins, whales and other ocean wildlife
- Where and When:
- Keauhou Bay boat launch ramp.
Check-in is at 12:15 pm
Tour returns at approximately 3:00 pm.
- Must be at least 8 years old.
Participants must weight under 285 pounds.
- Special Notes:
- Snorkel gear, instruction & swim aids are included, as are snacks and cold drinks.
Whale watching season is from mid-December to mid-April.
- Operation Days:
- Approximately 3 hours
- Dolphin Discoveries
- The Nai'a Nui is a 28-foot rigid-hull inflatable adventure craft, complete with shade. It has room for up to 12 passengers.